Sunday, September 8, 2013

Still on the Empennage

Hi Gang! Yep, I'm still working the empennage. I never made it out to the welder to have my elevators' holes welded. I just can't afford it right now. Yep, money is that tight.
 
In the meantime, I decided to start working on the replacement trim tab. It's the same steps as before, but this time, I followed the plans more precisely. This time, I scuffed, cleaned and primed the areas where the end tabs will be bent as well as where the spar sits. I clecoed the bottom of the spar to the bottom of the tab skin and also put the trim tab control horn in place as well. I used the 2 horn pieces that came with the kit originally. Those have to be trimmed down a bit as there is a little extra on them. That's if you're using the manual trim I believe. Anyway, I match drilled all the holes on the bottom. Next I will remove the old trim tab from the left elevator and use the hinge as a guide for cutting the new hinge. I'll keep the old tab for a replacement, if I were to ever need it in the future. It's not in bad shape, it's just not perfect! Haha. I'm stopping here for tonight so I can get ready for the work week. No pix as it's the same stuff. I just hope this one turns out better.

Take Care & Thanks For Reading!
Day Total: 2.4  HOBBS Meter - 154.4

No comments:

Post a Comment